Château de Boisson Campsite
The Chateau de Boisson campsite is found in a small village in the Gard, near the
Cévennes mountains, the Ardèche, and Provence. Note: Gard Photo Attribution from Paolo Picciati and Vr2909, Wikimedia Commons
The Chateau provides a perfect setting for
your holiday. Château de Boisson has the unmistakeable style of Cevennes and Ardeches mansion-houses with its elegantly restored stonework. This is a 5 star campsite in the prestigious
Les Castels chain of campsites. The site has excellent facilities to help you have a wonderful relaxing and enjoyable holiday with the possibilities for a good bit of interesting sight-seeing as well.
The Pont du Gard roman aqueduct is a 45
minute drive away but well worth seeing.
The campsite is open for quite a long season, and offers camping emplacements / pitches but there are also chalets and mobile homes to rent as well as gites and cottages.
- Outdoor swimming pools with a long slide and a heated outdoor children's pool with mushroom and small slide. There is also a heated indoor pool. Note that Swimming shorts and Bermudas are not allowed in the swimming pools. It is compulsory to wear your pool bracelet.
- Bar with terrace overlooking the pool
- Well stocked Vival campsite shop. There is a service to pre-stock your fridge on arrival - contact the campsite
- Two Restaurants, one is Le "Chaudron du Château", open in the evenings and with a terrace to enjoy those summer evenings-booking is recommended. The other is the "So Family" restaurant where you will find simple and quality cuisine to suit the whole family. Crepes, pizzas, paninis, chicken nuggets and chips, and also a takeaway.
- Laundry, showering and dishwashing facilities
- Three Playgrounds
- The campsite organise around four craft workshops for children each week in High Season
- Tennis court, sports ground, table tennis and volleyball
- In high season there are various entertainments organised such as karaoke, magic shows, disos etc. All finish by 23h to respect the calm, family atmosphere on the campsite
Book a Holiday at Chateau de Boisson with Canvas Holidays
This is an Affiiliate Marketing link.
If you are going to drive then here are the distances from the Channel Ports :
- Calais: 1006 kms
- Santander 840 kms
- Bilbao approx: 750 kms
- Nimes airport: 60 kms
- Montpellier airport: 75 kms
Things to do in the Area
Pont du Gard (45 minutes)
A Roman Aqueduct, located near the town of Vers-Pont-du-Gard, and part of the 50 kilometre long Nîmes aqueduct built by the Romans in the First Century.
Nimes and its Roman monuments (45 minutes)
Steam Train Cévennes (50 minutes)
Enjoy travelling in the foothills of the Cevennes in this famous steam train. By stopping at some stations en route you will be able to enjoy one of the nearby restaurants (please plan in advance - dont just take my word for it !!).
The Haribo sweet museum (50 minutes)
The "Musée du Bonbon“ is found in Uzès. Find out about the history of how sweets such as liquorice, fruit gums and bon bons were made. And watch production of Haribo "Gold Bears"! -
Avignon and the Popes city (1h15)
Canoeing on the descent Cèze (15 minutes)
Descent canoe on the Gardon (45 minutes)
Vallon Pont d'Arc and the Ardèche Gorges (45 minutes)
There are some interesting cycling and climbing activities on Mont Bouquet (13 kms)